THANK YOU FOR REGISTERING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS YEARS OPENING FUNDRAISING EVENT FOR CHAGFORD POOL.
Here are the event details you require to take part:
We need swimmers to participate and every length swum will be counted towards the cumulative total. All lengths will be valuable, few or many!
Completion of DEVON COAST SWIM AT CHAGFORD SWIMMING POOL WILL TAKE PLACE ON
JUNE 12TH 2021 BETWEEN 10 A.M. AND NOON.
- Swim lengths on Sat 12 June, anytime between 10 -12md, and as a thank you to you there will be refreshments for you after your swim.
- To participate please make a minimum donation of £10 to secure your swim.
- Donate button
- Registration will stop at 30 swimmers.
- You can swim anytime between 10 -12md. It would be helpful to have some guidance on your timing & number of lengths you plan to swim.
- Also, there is enough space at the pool for you to bring 1 spectator each, if you wish.
- Contact as many people as you feel you can to donate/ sponsor you through our Just Giving page, here.
- Share this link with family and friends who might like to support you in supporting Chagford Pool https://justgiving.com/campaign/swimDevoncoast
On the day:
- Let Marion know you have arrived.
- Make sure your audience is comfortable.
- Count your own lengths.
- Tell Marion your lengths & enjoy your swimmer’s refreshments.
- There will Donation buckets, refreshments & a raffle to hopefully raise more funds!
Support by donation alone is also available as participation in swimming at Chagford Pool in these strange times may not be possible for some people.
[maxbutton id=”2″ url=”https://justgiving.com/campaign/swimDevoncoast” ]
Fundraising events run by the Committee usually help to towards financing capital projects, maintenance and replacements. It is unknown whether other events can be held this year.
By being involved you would be supporting the pool through this very difficult period and, hopefully, we can give a good start to the 2021 season.
Thank you for your support!
*It would be really great if, when inviting sponsors to support you, you ask them to tick their consent to applying Gift Aid to their sponsorship contribution – you will see a place to tick on the form. This will increase the amount of funds we can raise for the pool as tax on the donations received will be reduced.
On completion of your Devon Coast Swim, your sponsorship forms and any cash that you’ve collected in person can be handed-in at the pool. If there are sponsors listed on your form who have not yet paid, they can make their payment at https://justgiving.com/campaign/swimDevoncoast
[ps2id url=’http://chagfordpool.co.uk/2021km/thankyou-for-swimming/#tee’ offset=” class=”]Wear your Coastal Challenge tee-shirt with pride[/ps2id]
EVENT T-SHIRTS WILL SOON BE AVAILABLE TO ORDER
All proceeds will go to the Chagford Recreational Trust Fund and directly support Chagford Pool.
**Disclaimer – By taking part in this event you accept responsibility for the collection and hand-in of sponsors’ funds. You also accept responsibility for your personal safety and the security of any personal belongings whilst at the pool and will not hold Chagford Pool, nor any officers for this event, liable for any loss or damages whatsoever.
Swim the Devon Coast Challenge at Chagford Swimming Pool
100.5km (302 lengths) needed to complete the S Devon Coast.
Last August/ September we achieved:
• 7485 Lengths = 254.5 km swum.
• The N Devon & E Devon coasts were completed. That is 188km (5730 lengths).
• 66.5km of the S Devon coast had been swum going east from Plymouth. Almost Salcombe.
• One swimmer challenged herself to complete the E Devon coast, 50km, & having completed that kept swimming. What an achievement!
• 28 swimmers swam in the challenge.
• The age range was 7 years to over 70.
In Total your effort raised £4314 (including Gift Aid)