Thank you for registering to participate in this fundraising event for Chagford Pool.
Here are the event details you require to take part:
We need swimmers to participate and every length swum will be counted towards the cumulative total. Participants will be able to notify us during the challenge so there can be regular updates of how far we have swum. All lengths will be valuable, few or many!
Swimming your lengths:
- Book your swim sessions as often as you wish between the above dates.
- Let the lifeguard know you are participating in the challenge.
- Count your own lengths!
- Notify us on your progress – number of lengths swum. When you have completed a swim session, please click on this button to send us an email so we can keep a record: I swam the Devon Coast...
- Contact as many people as you feel you can to donate/ sponsor you through our Just Giving page, here.
- Share this link with family and friends who might like to support you in supporting Chagford Pool https://justgiving.com/campaign/swimDevoncoast
- Use our sponsorship form to keep a record of those who pledge to sponsor you – you can download a form below.
There will be regular updates on progress!
By undertaking the challenge we hope that funds can be raised for the pool by asking participants to gain sponsorship for their overall effort or a specific number of lengths – their choice. Length counting will be on an ‘Honesty’ basis by each participant.
Support by donation alone is also available as participation in swimming at Chagford Pool in these strange times may not be possible for some people. And we will not be able to have any audience thanks to COVID!
Fundraising events run by the Committee usually help to towards financing capital projects, maintenance and replacements. Understandably, none of these events have been held this year but we have this wonderful resource and a surprising number of swimmers enjoying it now!
By being involved you would be supporting the pool through this very difficult year and, hopefully, help it to be in a stronger position for the start of the 2021 season.
Thank you for your support!
*It would be really great if, when inviting sponsors to support you, you ask them to tick their consent to applying Gift Aid to their sponsorship contribution – you will see a place to tick on the form. This will increase the amount of funds we can raise for the pool as tax on the donations received will be reduced.
On completion of your Devon Coast Swim, your sponsorship forms and any cash that you’ve collected in person can be handed-in at the pool. If there are sponsors listed on your form who have not yet paid, they can make their payment at https://justgiving.com/campaign/swimDevoncoast
Wear your Coastal Challenge tee-shirt with pride
EVENT T-SHIRTS ARE AVAILABLE TO ORDER BELOW
All proceeds will go to the Chagford Recreational Trust Fund and directly support Chagford Pool.
**Disclaimer – By taking part in this event you accept responsibility for the collection and hand-in of sponsors’ funds. You also accept responsibility for your personal safety and the security of any personal belongings whilst at the pool and will not hold Chagford Pool, nor any officers for this event, liable for any loss or damages whatsoever.